Two of our kiwi guides Spencer and Cheynne have put together a list of their favourite outdoor adventures in the North Island, including some hidden gems!
There are lots of things to do near Rotorua but finding a spot to explore that's a little different isn't always easy. From our stunning coastal walks to impressive waterfalls, check out their top 8 favourite things to do in the North Island - all within 2 hours of Rotorua.
1. Do an epic walk at Kohi Point Walkway
2. See the tallest waterfall in the North Island at Wairere Falls
3. Go swimming at Tarawera Falls
4. Explore our beautiful coastline at Orokawa Bay
5. Go mountain biking at Summerhill
6. Learn about the fascinating history of Karangahake Gorge
7. Explore the canyon at Whirinaki Te Pua-a-Tane Conservation Park
8. Take a dip in Butchers Pool
Photo: Our kiwi guides Spencer and Cheynne